Donetsk Defense: Weekly Situation Report, 12/08/2017
Last week, in the formations and military units of the DPR Armed Forces, exercises were conducted to check the combat readiness; all elements were worked out in full.
In the Donetsk direction, six tank shells, 145 mortar shells of 120-mm and 82-mm calibres were launched by the enemy on eight localities and the surrounding areas; the enemy also resorted to various grenade launchers and small arms.
In the Mariupol direction, AFU units targeted three settlements with ten mortar rounds of 120-mm calibre, grenade launchers and small arms.
In the Gorlovka direction, the areas of six localities were targeted with nine mortar rounds of 120-mm and 82-mm calibres, grenade launchers and small arms.
In total, over the past 24 hours, 35 violations of the ceasefire regime by the Ukrainian Armed Forces were recorded.
As a result of attacks from the positions of the AFU, seven housing constructions and a gas pipeline along Tsentralnaya Street sustained damage in Dokuchayevsk.
In total, over the past week, the enemy committed 277 ceasefire regime violations and fired 1679 artillery, tank shells and mortar rounds of 120-mm and 82-mm calibre at the territory of the Republic.
AFU shellings affected 21 settlements of the Republic.
As a result of AFU shellings, two civilians were injured. 28 houses were damaged in the following localities: Dokuchayevsk, Yasnoye, Golmosvky, Krutaya Balka, Zaitsevo in the Petrovsky district of Donetsk.
During the defence of the republic, four servicemen of the DPR Armed Forces were killed and one was injured.
The AFU command continues deployment heavy weapons close to the contact line:
152-mm SU gun Akacia - 2 units;
152-mm towed howitzers MSTA-B - 3 units;
152-mm towed howitzers D-20 - 8 units;
122-mm MRLS Grad - 1 unit;
122-mm SP gun Gvozdika - 9 units;
120-mm cannon Nona-S - 2 units;
Also, the absence of AFU heavy armament in storage areas is recorded in the reports of the OSCE Mission:
152-mm towed howitzers MSTA-B - 15 units;
152-mm SP gun MSTA-S - 12 units;
152-mm SP gun Akacia - 18 units;
152-mm towed howitzers Giatsint-B - 44 units;
152-mm towed howitzers D-20 - 28 units;
122-mm SP gun Gvozdika - 4 units;
122-mm towed howitzers D-30 - 6 units;
T-64 tank - 46 units;
100-mm anti-tank gun MT-12 RAPIRA - 21 units;
85-mm anti-tank gun D-48 - 12 units;
120-mm mortar - 34 units;
82-mm mortar - 1 unit.
In total, for the past week, the absence of 241 heavy weapons units of the AFU has been established.
The Ukrainian siloviki are actively preparing for the hostilities in the so-called 'ATO' zone. According to earlier received documents from our own sources in the Security Service of Ukraine, the intensification of hostilities can begin from December 8 to December 15, otherwise postpoted to January.
The following signs also state information in favour of previously received documents:
1. The AFU formations, located in the zone of 'ATO', actively replenish ammunition stocks for large-caliber artillery and MRLS.
2. The SBU for the Donetsk and Lugansk regions is currently considering the issue of disabling cellular communications in the 50-kilometer zone from the line of contact of troops deep into Ukraine, as well as instructions to activate sabotage and terrorist activities in the territory of the republics since December 10.
3. Medical teams from the 61st military medical hospital have been seconded to the units of the 28th separate mechanized brigade and 59th separate motorized infantry brigade. The same groups from the 66 MMH arrived in the 25th separate airborne brigade and the 30th separate mechanized brigade.
4. The most important indicator of the AFU preparing for a full-scale offensive is the concentration of prohibited artillery systems and armoured vehicles near the locality of Verkhnetoretskoye and in the Mariupol direction, which are recorded by our reconnaissance.
5. The enemy intensified aerial reconnaissance in all the directions. If earlier we recorded 1-2 cases of UAV application per day on the whole front, now it is 3-4 times per day in the zone of responsibility of each brigade of the AFU.
6. Data are received on the possible use by the AFU of phosphoric munitions, banned by international conventions, against civilians in the territories under Ukraine's control. Moreover, these provocations are prepared with the participation of foreign instructors who are in the so-called 'ATO' zone.
7. We also record the arrival in the so-called 'ATO' zone of the film crews of Western and Ukrainian TV channels, which the SBU is in charge of. At present, specially trained film crews are located in the cities of Volnovakha and Mariupol, as well as in Kramatorsk, waiting for an order.
All these signs confirm our assertion that Ukraine is preparing for the war in the near future. In this connection, we urge the world community to resolutely condemn the Ukrainian authorities and prevent a new round of war in Donbass. It is still possible to prevent bloodshed with help of political pressure on the Poroshenko regime.
At that, the DPR Armed Forces are ready for any variant of the development of the events. All the enemy's plans are known to us, and we have prepared the necessary 'surprises' for the enemy. Therefore we warn that in this war we will stop only after the complete liberation of Ukraine from the fascists.
We continue monitoring the deterioration of the situation in the occupied villages of Gladosovo and Metallist (Travnevoye). Over a week, Ukrainian security officials detained 24 residents of the settlements, 11 of them are still kept in the cellars. All of them openly opposed the occupation by the AFU. Simultaneously, most of the residents continue to be cut off light and fuel. The siloviki do not make any efforts to restore the damaged power lines in the settlements, and also strictly forbid to receive humanitarian aid in Golmovsky, allocated by the leadership of the DPR.
At the same time, the Ukrainian forces ultimately discredited themselves by presenting humanitarian aid from the UN as their own. It was a 'respectable' deed.
In reality, the Ukrainian authorities do not participate in providing assistance to civilians captured by the AFU. All the help has fallen on the shoulders of Ukrainian volunteer organizations. At that, officials of the Ukraine's Defense Ministry plunder millions of budget funds allocated for such needs.
Only in the 54 separate mechanised brigade, according to the estimates of the military prosecutor's office of Ukraine, from July 2017, of the allocated fifteen million hryvnias and about one thousand cubic meters of timber for the needs of the formation, at least 35 percent of state funds were stolen. In this regard, the servicemen are forced to spend winter on the positions unequipped for frost. And it is for this reason that the fighters of the brigade so easily agreed to occupy disadvantageous positions near Gorlovka, which they now regret very much.
Also, the presence of the AFU units in Gladosovo and Metallist (Travnevoye) threaten local residents. We systematically mark the shooting between the Ukrainian units.
The enemy opened fire in our direction as well. The attack was conducted from the occupied villages on Zaitsevo and Golmovsky localities. In this connection, the units of the DPR Armed Forces, to protect civilians, were forced to respond from small arms to suppress firing points located outside the settlements. According to our information, as a result of the reprisal fire, the enemy lost two killed and one wounded.
Thus, the concept of "Gladoso pocket" continues to be approved. At the moment the 54 brigade has already lost a lot of personnel. At the same time, the bulk of the AFU losses comes from internal fights, which was confirmed personally by the press officer of the headquarters of the so-called 'ATO' zone Vasily Labay in his correspondence with one of the Ukrainian journalists.
Vice-Commander of the DPR People’s Militia, Colonel Eduard Basurin, official translation by DONi News Agency