Decree by Zakharchenko: DONi News is an official State News Agency of Donetsk People's Republic
Donbass has a new international public broadcast company. The Head of the Donetsk People's Republic, Alexander Zakharchenko, has issued a decree, which orders DONi News Agency to be created as a state enterprise and appoints Janus Putkonen as its director.
The decree regarding new arrangements in DONi News Agency was given to the director Janus Putkonen in the office of the Head of Republic on Thursday. The aim of the new state media is to provide the full-fleged covering of situation in the Donetsk People's Republic for the international audience.
The official translation of the decree:
DECREE OF THE HEAD OF THE DONETSK PEOPLE`S REPUBLIC
«On creation of state enterprise»
With a purpose of a full-fledged and an objective covering of the political, socio-economic and cultural life of the Donetsk People’s Republic and abroad, forming the public conscience of the Donetsk People’s Republic people:
I HEREBY ORDER:
1. To create the State enterprise «News Agency DONi»;
2. To affirm the regulations of the State enterprise «News Agency DONi» (be attached);
3. To appoint Janus Putkonen as the acting director of the State enterprise «News Agency DONi».
4. To charge the acting director of the State enterprise «News Agency DONi» with the necessary activities connected with the enterprise registration.
5. This Decree comes into force from the moment of its signing.
Head of Donetsk People’s Republic A. Zakharchenko
31 August 2016
As part of the new beginning, the first DONi TV program was recorded with the Head of Republic at local UNION TV on Friday. In "Donbass Insight with Alexander Zakharchenko", several international journalist had a great possibility to ask Zakharchenko directly questions. The exclusive direct discussion program will be provided soon in multiple languages.
DONi News Agency