The law on the "reintegration of Donbass", adopted today by the Verkhovna Rada deputies, will allow Ukraine to intensify military confrontation with the People's Republics, stated the Head of the Donetsk People's Republic, Alexander Zakharchenko.
"This law will enable [Kiev] to give the Ukrainian warmongers a free hand. And now can do on 'legitimate' grounds everything they could not do before. This completely violates the Minsk agreements," Zakharchenko said.
According to him, by the adoption of this document, Kiev demonstrated a reluctance to adhere to a peaceful settlement.
"Ukraine is going to fight and creates a legal platform for this," the DPR Head added.
The Verkhovna Rada adopted the bill “On Special Aspects of State Policies in Ensuring Ukraine’s Sovereignty over the Temporarily Occupied Territories in Donetsk and Lugansk Regions” in the second, final reading. In the document, the territories beyond Kiev's control are recognized as "occupied", and Russia is called an "aggressor country."
The document also allows to legalize the use of the army in Donbass without declaring war. The deputies excluded from the original version the paragraph on the priority of the Minsk agreements for the settlement of the conflict.
Read more, all the latest DONi News about "Donbass reintegration" bill (01/18/2018):
- Reintegration law may serve as proof of Kiev’s warmongering in Donbass
- Nikonorova's comment on Verkhovna Rada-adopted law on safeguarding Ukraine's sovereignty
- Verkhovna Rada insists on abandoning any mention of DPR, LPR
- Poroshenko: adopted law launches process of reintegration of Donbass, Crimea
- Ukraine creates legal platform for escalation by 'Reintegration Law' – Zakharchenko
- Notorious Donbass reintegration bill adopted in Ukraine
- Ukraine’s law on Donbass containing many legal bombs, says prosecutor
- Clause on filtration camps may be included in Donbass reintegration law
DONi News Agency