Alexander Zakharchenko: "We do not leave AFU aggression without response"

Yesterday, on November 6, the DPR Head, Alexander Zakharchenko, visited the sites of shelling by the Ukrainian security forces in the Kievsky district of Donetsk.

We recall that on November 5, as a result of the artillery shelling by the AFU, in the Kievsky district, the Donetsk Higher Professional School of Restaurant Service and Trade, as well as nearby residential buildings, a pharmacy kiosk, a bus stop and several shopping pavilions were directly hit by rockets of MRLS Grad.

"Ukraine is again bombarding residential areas with heavy artillery. There are no military units or subunits here, only peaceful quarters, a school, public utility facilities. This shows that Kiev purposefully destroys the city of Donetsk.

This is a crime, and I hope that OSCE representatives will react to this incident, record the fact of the shelling," Alexander Zakharchenko said.

Together with the DPR Minister of Emergency Situations Alexey Kostrubitsky, the Head of the Republic inspected the sites of destruction, communicated with eyewitnesses of the events.

Local residents said that rescue teams, ambulances and other operational services had arrived at the site of destruction in the shortest time possible and started liquidating the consequences of the shelling.

Alexander Zakharchenko is sure that the increase in the intensity of shelling could be regarded as a provocation from Ukraine.

"I am sure that this is another provocation by Ukraine. It was done either to switch attention from Kiev to Donbass and remind everyone that it is here that the war is on, or on the eve of Vladimir Putin's meeting with US President Trump," said the Head of the DPR.

Also, Alexander Zakharchenko said that two artillery batteries, three dug-outs and an enemy command post had been destroyed during the bombardment of Donetsk.

"We did not leave the AFU aggression without response. The Armed Forces of the DPR destroyed two artillery batteries, three dug-outs, one of them - a command post that adjusted the fire on Donetsk," he added.

Source: Official web-site of the DPR Head Alexander Zakharchenko 

Official translation by DONi News Agency